Large-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone for Studio or Stage with 3-position Low-frequency Filter and 15dB Pad
Shure SM27 at a Glance:
- Continuation of a legacy
Continuation of a legacy
There are few mics that are as widely used and trusted as those in the Shure SM Series. Their rugged reliability and stellar performance have made them staples of both the studio world and the live stage. Shure's latest addition to the SM Series is the SM27, a large-diaphragm condenser mic that takes its cues from the hugely successful KSM27.
With a frequency response that's perfectly tailored for vocal applications - essentially flat until the crucial "airy" frequencies, where the SM27 exhibits a bump that really lets vocals shine. High SPL handling and accuracy allows the SM27 to expand its reach into other sonic arenas, such as guitar cabinets or drum overheads.
Shure SM27 Features:
- Large-diaphragm condenser
- Side address
- Max SPL: 152dB
- Bass roll-off: 80Hz, 115Hz
- Pad: 15dB
- Superior off axis rejection
- Superior transient response from a low-mass large Mylar diaphragm
- Flat, neutral frequency response
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter
- Durable metal construction.
- Three separate mesh layers reduces wind and breath noise
- Requires +48V phantom power
Shure's SM27 is a great mic for live or studio work!